For those who know me, they would tell you that I’m a big Nike fan. I have 3 pairs of the Lunar Glide 1 and countless of Nike running apparel which is why I am delighted that Nike is holding a running event this October.
Titled “Nike We Run Manila 10K“, the race pays homage to runners and aims to connect Manila’s running community even further by celebrating the concept of We Run – where runners connect, motivate and inspire each other. Furthermore, We Run Manila 10K takes pride by being the first-of-its-kind run that invites Filipino runners to gather and celebrate their love for the sport, music and the country.
This night run will happen on October 15 and will take the runners traversing the heart of the city’s rising business and lifestyle district – Fort Bonifacio Global City in Taguig. At the end of the race the runners will be treated with performances by Chicosci, Parokya ni Edgar.
Registration already started last Monday, September 5. Registration venues are Nike Park Fort, Nike Stadium ATC, Nike Park Greenbelt 3, Nike Forum Greenhills, Nike Stadium Power Plant Mall, Toby’s Arena Shangri-la, RunnR Bonifacio High Street and Shangri-la Plaza, online through www.facebook.com/NikeRunningPH and in select universities. Registration fees and categories as follows:
|Age||Entry for 1 person||Entry for 2 people|
|Under 25 yrs old||PhP 750.00||PhP 1,300.00|
|25 yrs old & above||PhP 1,000.00||PhP 1,300.00|
A special discount for registered runners will also be available at select Nike stores.
- Women’s Under 25 – For women aged 24 years and below on the race day
- Men’s Under 25 – For men age 24 years and below on the race day
- Women’s Open – Open to women of all ages
- Men’s Open – Open to men of all ages
School Challenge – School Team Category – Colleges and Universities
In the spirit of WE RUN, Nike will launch the Run Buddy Run Nike+ Challenge to celebrate the motivational aspect of running with a buddy! Running has long been referred to as a personal endeavour, but despite the individual nature of the sport, running is an intensely communal pursuit too. The Run Buddy Run Nike+ Challenge takes on the idea of run clubs, training groups and community to broaden the appeal of physical running into the virtual world. Driven through Nike Running Philippines Facebook page and the Nike+ platform, the challenge will see pairs of run buddies race it out to win a VIP Race Day Experience at the We Run Manila 10K, and other Nike prizes.
Challenge mechanics below:
- Visit Nike Running Philippines Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/NikeRunningPH and check out the WE RUN MANILA 10K tab.
- Click on RUN BUDDY RUN and sign up with your run buddy.
- Once you’ve joined the challenge with your run buddy, lace up your running shoes and hit the road!
- Sync your KMs to Nike+ and follow the daily leader board updates on the Nike Running Philippines Facebook page.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/NikeRunningPH or follow them on twitter via @NikePH.