2010 Running season for me started last Sunday – March 14. Like last year, St. Patrick’s Day Dash is my first race for the year.
– It was snowing at the start and raining after the race.
– I ran in the Green Wave – timed, awarded and fastest/elite wave.
– I ran by myself.
– It was sunny but was definitely colder. Temperature was about 38 F!
– I ran in the Red Wave – timed only. Since there were more runners, this wave was crowded.
– I ran with my officemates! I’m not alone anymore. 😀
Green Wave start
I finished the 3 3/4 mile race in 38 mins and 54 seconds – 2 mins slower than my time last year. Still not bad considering I was still sore from the previous day’s practice run. Besides, I need to reserve my legs for the Mercer Island Half Marathon on Sunday.
As always, St. Patrick’s Day Dash was fun – well organized race, scenic and challenging route and festive atmosphere. The morning ended with 2 pints of Guinness and 3 banana chocolate chip pancakes 😉